It is a task type that you evaluate translations made by other users. Please refer to the task instructions to proceed with the task.
1. You will be given a translated sentence/sentences of another user. You may be given one or two sentences.
2. Please evaluate a given translated sentence.
• Evaluation Examples
✓ A translated sentence complies with the guideline
✓ A translated sentence contains no error
✕ A translated sentence contains an error(s).
Accuracy: Omitting a word “continuously” / Punctuation: Omitting double quotation marks(“ “) and commas(,).
3. For sentences you have given a Reject, you need to check all applicable error criteria.
• Accuracy: There should be no omission or unnecessary addition of words, and the sentence must contain the meaning of the source language text.
• Fluency: The sentence needs to contain natural expressions and vocabulary, and, if necessary, appropriate liberal translation needs to be used.
• Punctuations: The sentence needs to reflect all punctuations (e.g., question mark, exclamation mark, and period) of the source language text as much as possible.
• Capitalization: When the language of the sentence is case sensitive, it needs to comply with the proper use of upper and lower cases. *Only applicable for certain languages
• Phonetic Symbols: When the language of the sentence contains phonetic symbols, it needs to comply with the proper use of them. *Only applicable for certain languages
• Consistency: A sentence needs to maintain a consistent tone and manner and, if applicable, honorifics.
• Others: If errors you find from the sentence are not applicable to the error types (e.g., fluency, and accuracy) above, you may write down those errors.
Essential task guideline
For more detailed task guidelines, you can check them while you are working on a task.
In order to prevent any non-compliant activities, a manager is monitoring your activities in real-time. Please keep in mind the information below while working on the task.
1. When evaluating translated sentences without complying with Accept and Reject evaluation criteria
2. When not evaluating a question and randomly giving Accept or Reject
If repetitive non-compliant activity is detected, further participation in this project can be restricted.