- This point only applies to tasks with a second translation.
Make every attempt to provide a meaningful diversity in second translation and not just change the articles or other minor changes
- e.g. you are → you're or The fox → A fox are not meaningfully diverse.
- This diversity can come from:
- a) using a different level of formality (see also section “Style and formality” below);
- b) translate into two sentences with different meanings (if the source text is ambiguous);
- c) use synonyms in the second translation or rephrase the sentence (syntactic difference).
- Please take all these possibilities for providing diversity into account and combine them. Do not always use the same criteria(for example do not always rephrase).
- e.g. Acceptable translations would look like:
- translation1: “Marca is really dumb” translation2: “Marca is really stupid”
translation1: “I wish you all the best on your birthday” translation2: “Wishing you a happy birthday”